There are various reasons for printer offline error issue in your Windows 10. In this blog, we are sharing the method to resolve printer offline problem.
Generally, printers mostly go offline due to network connectivity issue, going out of paper or paper jams. In some cases, your drivers are corrupted or need an update or any other hardware issue can be a reason for printer offline issue.
Theoretically, once the reason found and fixed, your printer should come back online. But this can be true in some cases like the printer is out of papers, paper jam or some minor hardware issue that is preventing your printer from being available online.
However, sometimes sorting all issues is not enough to get your printer back online on your Windows. If this is the situation you’re also facing, read the blog and follow the steps to make your printer online in Windows 10
Steps to Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Click on your Windows 10 Start
- Click on the Device Manager
- On the appeared Device Manager screen, click on the Action menu and then click on the Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Offline Printer on the Device and Printers screen and then click on See What’s Printing
- Now you’ll see the next screen on your computer, click on the Use Printer Offline option and remove the tick mark on the option and wait till your printer comes online.
- Now your printer is online and your printer will print all the files available in the print queue.
However, if the option to make your printer online is in gray color, or if the printer comes online and goes offline again and again then you need to troubleshoot the printer issue on your Window computer. Follow the steps given below to troubleshoot your printer:
- Click on the Start > Setting > click in the Devices option > on the next screen click on Troubleshoot > now click on Run the Troubleshooter > next screen will come up with the options, click on Apply this Fix and follow the instruction shown on your screen.