In this blog, we are sharing some steps that you can follow before adopting any complicated ways for Printer Offline Error Fix.
Check for your USB cable connection. Restart your printer and computer or directly unplug your USB cable.
Cross-check that your printer’s power cable is plugged into an electrical outlet. And if your printer is connected to the power strip, cross-check the strip itself is connected/plugged into the electricity supply and is turned on.
In case you are using a network wired/wireless printer, try to restart the router as it may cause due to the network failure.
Almost all the printers come with its own diagnostics software solutions. This software can inform the user about the problems coming up, for example, HP’s Print and Scan Doctor,
Don’t forget to use it, as it will be really useful.
How to fix Printer offline error: Solution 1:
- Type in Services in your windows searches and hit on the enter key. Now click on Services option.
- A new window will appear on your screen. Now find and click on the entry named Print Spooler.
- Right-click on Print Spooler option and then click on the Properties option.
- Now set the Startup type as an Automatic from the appeared drop-down menu.
- Now hit the Start button and wait till windows start the Print Spooler. Once it will be done, hit the Apply button.
- Now cross-check for the status of the Print Spooler, you can see that it is Started.
Solution 2: If the above-given solution doesn’t work for you, you can try our second solution.
- Click on the Start button and then go to the Control Panel.
- Now select the Devices and Printers from the appeared screen option.
- Now find your printer that is showing printer offline message and right click on it.
- Now click on the option See what’s printing option from the context menu that appears.
- A new window will appear on your screen. Now, just click on the Printer tab and uncheck the option that says Use Printer Offline.