Getting the latest Canon printer sounds exciting till the gruesome part of Canon printer installation comes in. To avoid these from ruining the eagerness to put your hands on your new toy, remember some points below to guide through your hassle free Canon printer setup.
It is best however to read the Canon printer installation guide. Lots of printers can be very finicky, hence instructions in the installation guide should be followed before deferring to these general instructions. Canon installation guide is usually in a PDF format and found in the manufacturer’s support page for your model.
Steps to install Canon printer (Windows and Mac)
- Plug the printer’s power cord and turn it on.
- With your computer turned on and unlocked, connect the printer to computer using a USB cable. (In most cases, simply plugging your printer into your computer will automatically setup and properly install the printer, making it ready for use).
- Open Start button (Windows) and go to settings. Click Devices, then click Printers and Scanners,
- finally go to “Add printer” button and look for your printer’s name and click “Add Device”
- (If you don’t see your printer’s name here,
- click the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” link and follow the on-screen instructions.
Depending on your Canon printer model, you may need to customize your settings before it’s ready for use. If prompted, insert the CD that came with your printer into your computer’s disc slot.Otherwise, you can usually download the same software from the manufacturer’s website.
For Mac users, Canon Printer usually installs instantly otherwise click” Download & Install” button on a pop-up window to complete the installation.
- After completing the above, go to “Printers and Scanners” button again and check that status is not “Printer Offline”.
Click here for immediate Canon printer offline solutions.