A router is a networking device which transfers the data packets over different network connections. At a time when people cannot live without an internet connection, a device is much needed which can let a number of devices connect to the same network within a defined boundary. It can be achieved through a wired connection, which is, by using a switch, and also wirelessly.
Like any other networking device, a router needs to be set up to work as well. With the demand and use of routers as high as anything, there are a number of brands manufacturing the same. NETGEAR is one such brand, and its products are secure and reliable.
Setup NETGEAR Router in easy way
To setup NETGEAR router, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Plug the router into an electrical source and turn it on.
- Now connect the router to a computer or a laptop using an Ethernet cable.
- In the URL box of a web browser, insert the IP Address of the router and hit Enter.
- Once the login prompt appears, input the Username and Password.
- This’ll take you to the web-based management console of your device.
- Once you are there, click Setup Wizard, then Yes and then Next.
- Within the next few minutes, the router will save the settings and be connected to your Internet Service Provider.
Having invested a very small amount of time and effort, you have, without the help of anyone, set your router up for the use.