How to Enable Sharing in HP Printers
Sharing HP printers in a network is not only cost effective but convenient as well. Technology has advanced and making this possible is a breeze. HP printer setup for sharing has never been this simple.
To help you on this HP printer installation and setup, we have provided simplified steps below.
Steps to Enable Sharing in HP Printers
- Install the printer drivers in the computer or laptop which will be sharing the printer. This is necessary in printer set up for sharing. Most modern printers connect via USB and will install automatically when they are connected.
- Open the Control Panel in your computer.
- Open “Network and Sharing Center”. If your Control Panel is in Category view,
- Click “Network and Internet”, and then select “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Icon view,directly click the “Network and Sharing Center” icon.
Click the “Change advanced sharing settings” option. (This is located in the left navigation pane of the Network and Sharing Center.) Expand the profile you need to change. There are three different options in “Advanced share settings”: Private, Guest or Public, and All Networks. If you are on a Home network, expand the Private section.
- Enable “File and printer sharing”. Toggle this on to allow other devices to connect to your printer. This will also allow you to share files and folders with other computers on the network.
- Toggle the password protection. You can decide whether or not you want to enable password protection for your printer. If it is turned on, only users with account on your computer will be able to access the printer.
You can toggle password protection in the “All Networks” section.
- Share the printer. Now that file and printer sharing has been turned on, you will need to share the printer itself. To do this, go back to the Control Panel and open the Devices and Printers option. Ensure that the HP printer offline status is not on “Printer Offline”. Right-click on the printer and click “Printer properties”. Click the Sharing tab, and then check the “Share this printer” box.